Monday, July 29, 2013

An exciting day at Pilates!


After a few months of planning, my Pilates instructor, the senior instructor and I finally got around to photoshoot day! We scrapped the normal regime and just spent the whole hour taking pictures of me in these insane poses. I'm quite sure it was one of the most physically intense hour of my life so far, but it was really fun!

I got to try a few new stunts I had never done before, and one or two of them were from the advanced level, so they were really scary. I'll admit that during the session my body was shaking like a phone on vibrate, my heart was palpitating, and my brain was all fuzzy from doing all those flips and other tricks; I couldn't even think properly enough to pray for like I always had whenever I did aerial stunts in Pilates class—I'm just super thankful that God watched over me and didn't let me slip and fall on my head. 

Although I'm super duper exhausted now, I feel really great and I managed to see my body in a whole new light! I'm extremely happy that my muscles were strong enough to hold me up, and all the 4/5 years of training in Pilates has done me well! Ah, thank God for this :D 


This was the advanced level pose that the senior instructor (the man who's spotting me in the picture) had me do. He was all: "Jennifer, your arms are strong enough right? Try doing this pose." and I declined at first, but even my instructor agreed with him and I just ended up trying it. I still have no idea what that position is called, because I really didn't even have the thought of asking because my mind was so clouded over with fear of falling on my head. Fyi, the senior instructor had no choice but to spot me because my body was swaying back and forth like a pendulum—I'm quite sure that I had an out-of-body experience for like a minute because of that.


Now this one I had no trouble with, and to be honest, this is one of my favorite poses ever because 1. it looks so beautiful, and 2. it's really quite easy to do! Of course, I had an awful head rush after I came down from that position, but it felt so great to do that! I honestly want to do more of these photoshoots because although they were really exhausting, they were so exciting! I can only hope that there will be another one ><

Well, that's about it for now, but you can check out more of these Pilates pictures on Instagram

See you in the next post,
Jennifer W.


No comments:

Post a Comment